Simple boiled egg curry you can cook even with some leftover boiled eggs.
Sri Lankan Egg Curry
This egg curry goes well with plain rice and bread.
Write a review
- Hard boiled eggs - 4
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 TSP
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 TSP
- Cumin seeds - 1 TSP
- Onion - 1 medium -Sliced
- Tomato - 1 medium - sliced
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 TSP
- Curry leaves - 1 Sprig
- Rampe - 1 piece
- Green Chillies - 2 Sliced
- Red chilli powder - 1 TSP or to taste
- Coriander powder - 1 TSP
- Cumin powder - 1/2 TSP
- Turmeric Powder - 1/8 TSP
- 1 st extract of Coconut milk 50 ml/ 2 TSP coconut cream
- 2 nd Extract of milk - 50 ml (optional)
- Salt - 1 TSP or to taste
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Gingerly Oil - 2 TSP
- Boil the eggs in a pan with water, added 1 tsp of salt. (15 Minutes)
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium heat.
- Splutter the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies, rampe and curry leaves.
- Add the onion saute for 1 minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for another 1 minute.
- Add sliced tomato and all the ground chilli, coriander, cumin and turmeric powders.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add 150-170 ml water and coconut milk and bring the gravy to a slow boil
- It will takes about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Now add the boiled eggs and simmer for 5 minutes. The gravy should look little thick..
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or bread
- In a same way you can make omelette curry also.
All Sri Lankan Recipes http://www.allsrilankanrecipes.com/